Thursday, November 6, 2014

Getting Ready for Tulsa Comic Con

In case you hadn't heard the first ever Wizard World Tulsa Comic Con is coming to Tulsa this weekend.

The three day event looks packed with special guest stars including William Shatner from Star Trek, James Marsters and Eliza Dushku of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Lou Ferrigno from The Incredible Hulk.

Also expected are Freddy Kreuger (Robert Englund), the Karate Kid (Ralph Macchio) and Elvira (Cassandra Peterson).

What a great opportunity for geek culture enthusiasts to  hang out with like minded people.

I would still like to see something similar to this in Oklahoma  City as I mentioned in a previous post.

This could happen, and we might even be able to get more throughout the state.

But, it all depends on attendance this weekend.

Everyone needs to attend for at least one day Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

We need to show the world that there are geek fans in the state of Oklahoma.

The good news: three day passes are already sold out.

I will be attending on Saturday as a member of the media, not just for KOSU, but also Okie Geek Blog.

I plan on attending the panels with William Shatner, James Marsters and "Daleks! The Whole Daleks! And Nothing But the Daleks!" at 3:00.

I'm also going to the Costume Contest and the after party for a short time.

I would love to see you, if you see a guy walking around with a Tardis backpack and a KOSU microphone come talk to me.

Also, feel free to leave me your thoughts in the comments below...

No comments: